Looking for softies.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

Looking for softies.

Post by Snakeman »

I set up a tank for a Lady that her husband and I work together. She has three young children and has to keep them all day so she wanted a distraction. Before I could get it set up her husband got a called to go to Bagdad for a year so she is pretty depressed about it. He has been gone for a few months now and she has been having a hard time dealing with it so I've been helping her along with Brandon to get her tank going and trying to teach her what little I know. She really loves her tank. It gives her and the kids something to take there mind off things that are going on with the war. The tank is a 43 gal hex with a deep sand bed, 30 pounds of rock, 2 36 watt pc, power head and a protien skimmer. So for all she has is 3 green chromis, some xenia, some bulls eye mushrooms, and some brown stuff( not sure what it's called). I've been fragging stuff as fast As I can but it will be some time before those will be ready. Any softies that anybody has that wouldn't mind donating would be greatly appreciated. She likes any thing that move or is colorful. Also the kids would like to get a small clown if anybody knows of any really good deals on one. Thanks.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Would the clown have to be a percula. I have a saddleback that is being harrassed.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

does it look like nemo?
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

If nemo was missing a stripe and was severly burned yes, yes it does (no, no it doesn't).
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Scott wrote:Would the clown have to be a percula. I have a saddleback that is being harrassed.
How much do you want for him? She has three girls so you know they are going to want a percula/nemo clown but i'll check with her anyway. I wished they would have used a damsel to play nemo. Thanks for offering.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

$0
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

severly burned is it that bad? I'm sure she would take it for that price. I can just tell the kids that it's the evil nemo. She is really price conscious. Still let me check. One more think how big is it.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

my six lined wrasse harrased my new cleaner wrasses and it died.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

It's pretty small less than or about two inches. I'll try to get a good picture.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Thanks Scott. Can you put one of those with a percula clown? They really want one of those kind because of that movie(kids) but if they will get along that would be great.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

If there is only one percula it would probably be ok. If there are two clowns paired they usually pick on any single clowns. I had 6 or 7 clowns in one tank. None were paired and for the most part they got along.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Sold!! That was her main concern about having two. Just bring him to the meeting or if brandon goes over to mobile this week I might get him to check with you. Thanks Scott.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Sounds like Nemo with a sunburn...(ouch) He's been hanging out too close to the lights, eh? :)

This is the pic I found, I remembered them looking a bit "brownish"

"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

That't it. I just hope that I can catch him. He usually sleeps head first in the xenia, so I may have a chance at night.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

That reminds me.. I need to catch one of the blue tangs before saturday. They sleep buried in the rockwork.. squeezed into little places you never would believe they could fit into, so this should be really fun :)

But hey... I did catch my evil yellow-tailed damsel out of there Saturday in like 5 minutes. He was digging huge pits under the clams making them fall over. Little )&#^&(!
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.