Come and get it in Mobile

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

rad
Amoeba

Come and get it in Mobile

Post by rad »

Thanks to everyone for helping me close down my tank. Some people had ask about a liquidation sale of what was left. Here it is.
This is you come and get it only. If you are out of town I will do this plus actual shipping but most of this stuff the shipping would be more than the item. If you want it give me a call or email

SOMEBODY COME GIVE ME $150.00 for everything. $100.00 without the skimmer
OR
3 boxes of "junk" at least on power head, one proaquatic hang on filter, bulkheads truunions all my pvc pipeand fittings, a couple of flex pipe joints, plastic clamps, ball valves, gate valves, Vinyl hose in assorted sizes, some carbon, some food, a fast test test kit. At least $50.00 of just pvc cpvc fittings. The first $30.00 in my hand. SOLD

1. PFO ballast with one cord and 1 55 watt PC daylight bulb. will handle up to 2 55 watt bulbs $30.00
2. Double DI unit with 25 feet of line and valves $30.00
3. I still have the magdrive 5 someone has ask for it twice but never showed up. Has NIB extra impellor $25.00
4. The Big skimmer. some body come get this thing, if nothing more than to cure rock in the Garage. I got @ 125.00 in parts alone works great $75.00
see selling out in mobile post for pix of skimmer

Rad
mcgu302@bellsouth.net
251-776-1053
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

Just wanted to give a quick thanks to Rad for the deals on his stuff…Sorry you had to give it all up for now…In conversation, he had mentioned that things may have been done differently if he knew of MBRK sooner and had some different opinions and options along the way and not so dependant on local retailers (I would assume there are quite a few others out there as well)…GL Rad and I hope you will turn back to the light side in the near future 8)
Also just wanted to say, although I cleaned out most of his garage :D , the things he has left are top notch and he’s offering great deals on them, anyone still needing Southdown, the double DI, double PC setup (great for small tank, sump or refug), 2-1” bulkheads, a mag 5 and wow that skimmer (anyone with a large system should seriously take a gander at this thing, great craftsmanship, looks like a great deal).
Helluva nice guy and anyone needing this stuff should go ahead and take it off his hands…thnks agn.
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

What method is this large skimmer? (beckett, venturi, downdraft, etc)?
rad
Amoeba

Post by rad »

It is a large downdraft type. I had it running a mak4 at @1100 gph with the wast valve about 1/3 open. Cured one load of rock with it. Produced excellent foam output. I worked with a couple of beckett heads clogged alot and didnt make better foam. Also tried adding bioball to input tower did not notice any increase in effectiveness so went back to plain tube with a stepdown nozzle to increase velocity worked great. I beleive it could eaily go 1500 to 1800 gallons per hour. Even if you can't us it on your tank for $75.00 works great to cure Rock. Bad picture attatched. Please excuse the dust.
Rad
Attachments
largeskimmer.jpg
largeskimmer.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 1316 times