3 in damsel, free

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

3 in damsel, free

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

If anyone would like to have him, i would like to give him to a good home. I had him in my predator aquarium but he was too aggressive and now i have him in a 10 gallon just sitting there. He would be good in a aquarium with large fish in it but my fish were just too small and he would beat up on them. He is almost 3 in. long and is black with blue and white dots on him.
Attachments
P1010118.JPG
P1010118.JPG (42.19 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
kristo
Copepod

hey

Post by kristo »

he's a neon velvet damsel i think. His features in the picture are not very distictive...
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Unfortunately that is exactly what happens in the case of most damsels when they get too big. You might talk to Chris Kadletz at the Gulfarium in FWB. He seems to be the local repository for unwanted fish. Try KADLETZ on the Florida Panhandle Reefkeepers forum at Reef Central. Sorry your guy just got too nasty for your tank.
Doc :D
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

3 inches? Aww, he's still a baby. He has about another 2.5" to go. At least keep him until then :lol: .
kristo wrote:he's a neon velvet damsel i think. His features in the picture are not very distictive...
Yes, that is what he is. The picture doesn't mask the features--that is just what they look like when they get older. He will lose even more coloration as he ages.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

i would keep him but i am trying to downgrade aquariums. He is in a 10 gallon right now and he hates it. Right now i have a 65 gallon predator, 20 gallon reef, a 10 gallon "emergency tank", 5 gallon nano, another 5 gallon fresh and finally a 2.5 gallon with fresh. I have to many and we are looking to move in the next month but haven't found a house to rent. I really do not want to move that much water.
reefman8471
Amoeba

Damsel

Post by reefman8471 »

What kind of fish are in your pred tank?

James
There are no problems; only solutions.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

scopas tang, snowflake eel, bursa trigger, picasso trigger, and striped puffer. Hopefully soon i will be getting a larger aquarium and can get my next fish i have in mind for the aquarium. They all get along fine but he just was bigger and i knew it wouldn't work, i just hoped that it would. Thanks
smork81
Amoeba

Post by smork81 »

I would love to have this guy LMK if you havent got rid of i t yet.....
nika