DIE Hair algea DIE

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

yea that is what i thought. I might keep a cup of two of the cleanest looking sand to seed the new stuff with though. I don't have a local club here to get some from. And all the LFS can get is the comercial arag alive stuff.

Dave
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

Dave cook your rock I just did took about two months and a week. Rock is teaming with life. Went starboard bottom and really turned up the flow with a oceans motions closed loop and a big dolphin pump. Getting ready to move so I just have the tank running getting the kinks worked out. If you got any ???? 's let me know.
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

Thanks Beaver. But I'm sorry to say too late. All the rock is now dry and waiting the second scrub down. I am just trying to get some southdown or new castle sand here now. I think I may be able to get some from LA area so wish me luck. But for circulation I think I am gonna go with a center one of these or mabey 2 corner ones http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_wav ... sp?CartId=

I was thinking since I lost about $1500 in this tank in a year that I could spend the money and do it right this time. But those prices don't seem too bad huh?. Has anyone here used one of these or heard of anyone using them? Thanks again, Dave