Hello From The North!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Leviathan
Amoeba

Hello From The North!

Post by Leviathan »

Just thought I would come in and see how you all down on the southern end are making out. Like the Forum a lot. Im up in Maplesville, for thoses of you that dont know this area too well its between Mongomery and Birmingham.

We started a central Al. club not to long ago, as well. Maybe at some point we can all do some sort of activity togther. Just a thought.

Anyhow, hope you dont mind me dropping by.

Chris :D
"FINDING" something better to talk about than "NEMO"
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Well Hi! Nice of you to drop in. We are a pretty new group and a young forum, trying to get established. Would love for you to drop in here for some fresh insight- bring your friends :)....

We have monthly meetings as of now it bounces from one members home to the another. We are always up for new ideas though, stick around maybe we could do a joint meeting sometime.

Nice to meet you!

Amy
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I think I see a state wide frag swap in the future. How about letting us know how you guys conduct your meetings? We are just doing what we do best most of the time (eating, drinking, talking about aquariums). But that does provide a good amount of entertainment.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Leviathan
Amoeba

Post by Leviathan »

Thanks for the welcome Amy and Scott.

As far as meetings go, it is very mellow. We havent had a lot as of yet, but I am hoping that will change soon. But it usually consists of examining the host's system(s) and discussing some topic, such as lighting/filtration/etc...

We also have had a few frag swaps, and I agree a state wide swap would be very nice.

Not to long ago, we ( myself excluded unfortunatly ) made a trip to Aquatic Wildlife/Captive Bred Corals. I was thinking aside from a inter-club frag swap, some sort of activity such as this would be great as a group venture at some point.

Chris
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Greetings Leviathan,

I agree, it would be great if we had a statewide meet at some point in the year. It also would not hurt for us all to do group buys together. Look forward to hearing from you and the other "northerners" on a regular basis.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

id love to do a state wide frag fest...think thatd be cool
Leviathan
Amoeba

Post by Leviathan »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I will talk with our members about theses things and we will surely do something along theses lines, at some point. :D
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

sounds good to me, also another big welcome !
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
jerryf
Amoeba

Post by jerryf »

I used to date a girl from Maplesville. Friendly little town. Anyway, welcome to the club!
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Frag swap sounds like a great idea.. <Sharpening my razors & Breaking out the dremel> :)
Leviathan
Amoeba

Post by Leviathan »

jerryf wrote:I used to date a girl from Maplesville. Friendly little town. Anyway, welcome to the club!

Stress on the word "Little" here. I moved here about 2 1/2 years ago from Myrtle Beach with my wife, she has family close. Was a huge ( yet welcomed ) step down in population density.