This a good deal?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Phisher
Hermit Crab

This a good deal?

Post by Phisher »

New tank, only run freshwater to test plumbing. All plumbing included, sump, fuge.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... did=527476

Joe
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Nice deal, that gives me an idea for the pluming for my tank oneday. If I ever get around to changing my plumbing like I want it.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Don't like the 18" width. It is very limiting. Nice price though.

Phil
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Looks like in the picture it has a center box, I cannot stand anything with a box overflow. Give me some bulkhead overflows in a tank !
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Kev I was right with you until I began to read a lot about how important surface skimming was to protein skimmer efficiency. Having a larger area of surface skimming is very beneficial according to some.

Joe
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Phisher wrote:Kev I was right with you until I began to read a lot about how important surface skimming was to protein skimmer efficiency. Having a larger area of surface skimming is very beneficial according to some.

Joe
The bulkhead overflows are surface skimmers. What is the way my tank now is set up, most of Kevin's tanks, Custom Reef's large display and all of Rich's tanks are that way (I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I sould think of). Of course Kevin doesn't use skimmers.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

other things to improve skimmate production... the internal horizontal overflow (do a keyword search or peep the illustration in my Book of Coral Propagation). Instead of having 2, 3 or more holes (back wall drilled tanks) directly drawing say the top half inch of water off the surface (or worse! those awful internal towers with floor drilled holes where all water overflows a narrow weir)... the long horizontal overflow stretches that same flow out over the length of the dam... allowing you to capture "thinner" surface water that is more concentrated (proteins).
Anthony Calfo

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... did=514199

Excellent thread on skimmer production.

Joe