t-shirts?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

OK I'm reviving this thread; even though I was in a drunken stupor already at that point, I do distinctly remember talking to Kevin and Amy at the last meeting about doing another batch of shirts, this time with a large diorama/logo on the back to attract more attention to what the shirt's about... What do you guys think? The shirts would cost more, but we're still talking something like $7-$8 maximum per shirt, and I think it would get a lot more attention than just a regular old' t-shirt with a small logo on front.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a nice deep-blue real reef picture for the back, something that looks breath-taking?
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Excellent idea, but we need ideas on what to put on the back. Put the thinking caps on.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Here's my suggestion...this is kinda cool.....

for the guys (and/or girls)

for the girls

LOL
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

for babies:

neat website: http://www.cafeshops.com/reefchicks
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Melissakins wrote:for babies:

neat website: http://www.cafeshops.com/reefchicks
Do they have any for male babies?
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Don't think so Xster.
Anyone know a good graphics artist who can whip us ap a nifty back design?
I think I'd like a circular design of some sort... with a slogan or something. something about "gluing live things to rocks" :) Kidding.. I don't know.. I'm not a liberal-arts type of guy.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Several comments...I do not wear t-shirts without a pocket ....I smoke , glasses, just a personal thing..As far as having a large design on the back I would vote for the one at the top of our web page if any at all. I think one of our members did that one and a very fine job indeed. Why reinvent the wheel...Terry
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I'll go with Terry on this one. Pockets are good and simple... I like the MBRK logo!
Wind me up!
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

KrazyPlace wrote:I'll go with Terry on this one. Pockets are good and simple... I like the MBRK logo!
I think we shoould do the pocketed tee's with the logo on the pocket and do another, previously suggested, round logo on the back.

Maybe we can all work on something and put them on the table and see
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

This will be cool! Maybe Brandon could get a real cool shot of something-fish or coral or whatever to use.

Who evers ank it comes from would have ultimate bragging rights for a while.

Joe
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Well the only problem is the resolution of the final image would have to be huge, in other words lets say we have a fish on the back, this fish would have to be a really detailed close picture. I am thinking 1800x1600 or close. Maybe Josh can find out from whoever makes the shirts what the resolution would have to be for something to cover the entire back. I would be glad to do the touching up and all of the graphics work but will need to know what the final outcome needs to be.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I'll find out about resolution on back... it'd have to be MUCH higher than Kevin was able to produce the MBRK logo..... That's why I suggested a diorama on back...

Terry, I was the guy who did the last batch; on the next batch, I can get you, and Shawn, and whoever, some pocketed t-shirts... I'm not a smoker, so didn't think about it :)

My thought on a back design is that is HAS TO BE something that attracts the every-day person... something like a breath-taking natural reef picture, or maybe a high res picture of a large (500++) gal. reef... I've seen a few killer pics around. But, anyway, it needs to snag people into the club, that's the whole purpose of wearing a club t-shirt, at least I think.

Keep the ideas coming!
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

That's why I suggested a diorama on back...
Thats what I was thinking...

I'd like something like this.. Maybe say Mobile Bay Reef Keepers Across the bottom around the circle.
http://www.cafeshops.com/reeftankstore. ... m=yes#zoom

Another club's example:
http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.p ... topic=5033
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

I like the idea of a nice -eye catching high resolution in the back, and the small mbrk logo in the front. Looks Cool! Kinda like what the last link that Brandon posted. That would be totally radical dude!! Image
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Make sure they have a pocket........pocket.....pocket....pocket