Sump Build

Break out the ducktape !

Moderator: snoopdog

dorky08
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Sump Build

Post by dorky08 »

hey i need ur advice I'm planning to set up a triple tank. two 20g long and 40g in the middle of the the 20g. the main filtration will be ats will maybe add skimmer later so how big u think the sump will have to be? tanks will be connected together but separate return pump. and how much do u think will cost me?
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

There is no hard and fast rules that I'm aware of, but bigger is always better. With 80g of water I would probably go with a 30g sump. Big enough to make a difference but still manageable. 95% of the time space is the limiting factor on sump size. I would recommend getting a skimmer now. You are going to be running a complicated system and you need the filtration. Just my .02
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
dorky08
Amoeba

Post by dorky08 »

i try with the skimmer route tbh i didnt like it much cuz it doesnt really deal with the nutritions or algae or ammonia compare to wat algae scrubber can do main reason i like ats(alga tuff scrubber) better than skimmer is the fact it can do more than what the skimmer can do and is cheap but effective filtration than buying couple hundred bucks skimmer but not as effective. i ask few reefer that have good success with sps while running ats they all said positive things and also wish they thought of that first instead of buying skimmer, gfo, bio pellet n etc when ats can do majority of it for cheap