Workhorse 5 to Quad flat pack

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Workhorse 5 to Quad flat pack

Post by snoopdog »

I got a ballast from BabyReef yesterday (thanks man !) and need to wire it to this bulb.

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_28_Gallo ... -2-vi.html

You cannot see the connections, but there are two blue and two red wires coming off of it. I did not think this was going to be an issue figuring it out until I look at their diagrams. Any insight would help.

http://www.fulham.com/wiringdiagrams.php
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Babyreef
Amoeba

Re: Workhorse 5 to Quad flat pack

Post by Babyreef »

Without looking at the bulb my guess is that the yellow wire from the ballast will go to either both the blue wires or both the red (on the bulb). Then you can take a 2 red wires from the ballast and go to the colors opposite of the ones used for the yellow ballast wire. hmm hope that made sense, i think i got confused reading what i just wrote.....so much clearer in my head lol
Babyreef
Amoeba

Post by Babyreef »

Wow sorry big correction to my first post. the red wires off the ballast are in pairs each pair will go to a wire from the bulb.
Example 1 red pair from ballast to 1 red wire from bulb and repeat.
Then yellow wire from ballast to both blue wires from bulb.
That should be the right config but ill do some digging to see if i can find something that says im an idiot.
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

2 red 2 blue. 1-4 yellow. the 2 red are lines they go to the pins on one side of the bulb 1 wire per pin. the blues are also lines for the 2nd bulb agin both blues to both pins on one end of the bulb. the yellows are "returns" one yellow goes to one pin on each bulb the remaining 2 pins (one on each bulb and on the same end of bulb as the other. yellow yellow, blue red,) connect the two open pins togather. the ballast will say a rating 2 bulb f24x2.t-14 if you can take a picture of this lable and the pins on these bulbs and how they are conncted on the inside i can give you a fast how to... not sure if this is what your asking. understanding what your working with makes it easyer to understand instructions alittle better i think.

basicly i broke down what they said. but so you dont burn the bulb get us a pic posted of the bulb and ballast
reefing just isnt the same living outside the glass....
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

ok i think i understand the situation..... correction to last post. the bulb has 2 red and 2 blue wires and the ballast has 2 red and a yellow rite? the bulb is missing the yellow is any part of the bulb metal that could be the return??? (return/yellow)
reefing just isnt the same living outside the glass....